This last week was incredible. Our district successfully got away from the sophmore slump where the second week districts enthusiasm drops. We did get a new district of elders headed to Virginia and Texas and they're super rowdy but I am sure next week it'll be a different ball game. At devotional last Tuesday we were able to hear from Elder Clarke of the seventy and he gave an incredible talk on being a successful missionary. It was just a roller coaster week. Sometimes I get down because I feel like I'm not progressing but that usually lasts only about 5 minutes and then I feel fantastic again. I sent some pictures this week and I hope you get them soon! So I was thinking the other day about something that's really cool. I'm the fifth Marley to serve a mission and all five of us have had different languages on our tags! Engliush, German, Spanish, Chinese, And now Portuguese. I just thought it was cool. Anyways this week Elder Paul and I made great progress with a few of our "investigators" and committed two of three to be baptized. It's super crazy to be able to feel the spirit so strongly all the time. We went to the temple today and after the session I had a little time to think and pray and I was so moved by the spirit. I feel so incredibly blessed to be serving and especially to have met these wonderful missionaries. It's crazy to think that I almost didn't take the opportunity to meet all these guys. The Lord really does work in mysterious ways. I love this whole experience and it's really going to be incredible. This is my last week as an English missionary and I start Portuguese next wednesday! Unfortunately that means my whole district and Elder Clawson leaves for Minnesota, Brazil and North Carolina on wednesday too. That day will be so rough. But on the plus side this upcoming wednesday we get to train new elders and sisters in our zone and one is a Sister Knight who is going to PORTLAND OREGON!!! She's going to work in the new visitor center so everyone go there next month and tell Sister Knight you're my family! Way too awesome! I just feel the blessings of living obediently so much and I'm so grateful for it. I'm so grateful to know that my heavenly father has forgiven me for the stupid kid I once was and that He trusts me with this work He has for me in Brazil. I know what I'm doing here is the work of the Lord and if I serve Him with all my "heart, might, mind, and strength" that I will be able to rest well in two years and that I will be able to have success in the next 23 months. I love everyone so much and I am so grateful for all the love and the support. What an amazing experience. Everything that will happen in the next two years, good or bad, will be for my benefit and the benefit of those I serve. I'm really growing close to the missionaries I'm serving with and I'm growing even closer to the Lord. Stay faithful and strive to feel the Spirit everyday because it's possible.
Muito Amor Familia,
Muito Amor Familia,
Elder Marley