Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ola


Oh Hello,
 
Well this week wasn´t so much. The theme of the week is "working hard, to no avail". Because that´s what we did this week. We worked our butts off but for some reason, nothing was going right. First off, Elder França went to Recife to get his visa to Venezuela, leaving Elder Holmes and I here as a regular companionship for two days... or so we thought. Enter Elder Adams. His companion also went to Recife so he was with us instead. He has been in Brazil a year and a half and doesn´t know how to speak portuguese... or teach. Needless to say it was extremely frustrating and we were super pumped to get Filho (aka Elder França) back. Elder Adams is determined to learn Japanese, ,something he studies everyday during language study. Shockingly, speaking Japanese does nothing for you when you´re in Brazil and had that time been spent studying portuguese this past year and a half,  imagine where that kid would be. Yikes. Anyways, when Filho got back we ran up to him and hugeed him and started chanting. 
As for the work of the week goes, it was a week of challenges. We fasted this week, after França got back, that everything would go right with Jessica´s baptism and her family would come to watch so they would want to be baptized next week. Unfortunately neither of those things happened. Jessica had an emergency where she had to travel to Campo Limpo to stay with her aunt and help her. That´s what Jessica does. Always helping people, dang her. (Heavy Sarcasm implied). So it ended up being a little disappointing on that end.

 Two funny stories this week: First one. So on P day we went to go play basketball with the young men´s president and Victor Belo (Elder Belo´s little brother). It was super fun, Elder Holmes and I were kings of the court for like 8 games straight playing against Filho, Victor, and Carlos. The next game we played I caught a pass from Holmes and drove in hard to try to put a floater over the top of Victor and Carlos. Well I was in mid air when I noticed that Victor was not stopping fast enough. So I put it up and he TRUCKED me. I ended up spraining my ankle pretty bad and had to sit out for the rest of the day. But I imagine it was pretty funny. Sign that kid up for the Ravens! Don´t worry though, I soldiered through it because I didn´t want us to lose any days of work and aftfer about three days of excruciating pain it only hurts a little bit now and is relatively unnoticeable.
 
Second. We had a super week of lunches. Basically when the members give lunch everyday. It never happens. One of these was this inactive guy who gives us incredible lunches. So we were pumped,  and it was Franças first one back (score). He made us Cheeseburgers. And they were dang good! I felt like I was at Red Robin again! And homemade french fries. It was incredible. After 9 months without a hamburger it was really good. We dubbed it "Octaviano´s Burger Fest". It was epic. SHoulda ate more.
Anyways amigos that´s it for this week. I hope everyone has a great week. I was thinking about the inevitable influx of missionaries in our mission and how awesome it would be if Jamieson Green came here. Será?
Vós amo,
Elder Marley