Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy 4th!

Okay America, Buckle up, This week was hardcore parkour in Brazil. First off it was July Fourth (Go America) and me and my US comp did America stuff all day. We made 12 eggs for breakfast along with 15 bacon strips, 10 pieces of toast and two liters of chocolate milk. Go America. We called it the Great American Breakfast, and it was the follow up to Panini fest 2012. Oh and of course right after the GAB, we had lunch at a members house, I haven´t eaten that much since Jake and I were at college during post class grub sesh at Crappy Teriyaki in Rexburg. But the real deal on July fourth was that there was a HUGE soccer game in town. The Corinthians (Most popular team in São Paulo) were playing Boca Junior from Argentina in the Libertadores which is the American championship that determines who plays Chelsea for the world championship later this year. Corinthians has never been to the final so the whole country was buzzing and people were going absolutely nuts. You could feel it in the air, and the day of the game, there was fireworks all day (normal), and people just prepping. We had to be hoe at 5, before dark because it gets really, really, dangerous at night during REGULAR games, let alone one like this. Corinthians won, and we didn´t sleep at all that night because of the firworks and bombs going off all nigght. It was hardcore! We just pretended it was people celebrating Independence Day in America. Go America. Also we had more trouble with Dulcemir and her drinking this week and we can´t really do anything about it. We have a ton of other people to visit so we´re going to try to leave her with some members to help, so that´s kinda rough right now. She isn´t a huge fan of us at the moment because we don´t stop by as often. Also, two of the people I baptized, Leandro and Barbara, are dating. Holla-freaking-back. Just a side note. This week was also Festa Junina in Brazil and in our ward. They threw a huge party that´s hillbilly themed and there was tons of food, dancing, and games. But, like a genius, I forgot to take pictures. Just take my word for it, it was fun. We FINALLY baptized Daniel yesterday too. Wow. It was awesome. I´ve been working with him since I was with Elder Atkin and he finally was baptized. Now he can marry his wife in the temple, and have a complete family. His brother in law was so crazy happy (he served a mission in Santa Catarina) and it was great just to see everyone so glad to see him taking this first step towards eteranal life. Anyways, thats the big news of the week. We met President Ferrin too, and I think things will be great in this mission with him. I´m really looking forward to working with him. It is crazy to think this will end someday, but I still have a long time to go so, no worries. Thanks for all the support and I will be back on next week with some more good news. Amor e Bençãos do Brasil, Elder Marley