Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Last Letter from the MTC Provo


Oi!
Ok, so this week was crazy and a lot happened. First off I leave for Brazil on Tuesday. CRAZY! I'm so excited but I have no idea what it's gonna be like. It's a 23 hour trip total and will definitely be nuts.
  The other big thing that happened this week was that we were able to hear an apostle at the devotional one last time, Elder Dallin H. Oaks. It was such a cool experience. He spoke about the sacrament and about worthiness. Elder Oaks is one of my very favorite apostles and He spoke about the importance of us remaining worthy in all things if we expect the Lord to be with us. It made me think a lot about what I'm thinking about during the day and how much I can improve on keeping my thoughts loving and happy. That's the first step to a negative or positive life, after all. Other than those two things nothing really out of the ordinary happened this week. We didn't really get to teach much and I had to say goodbye to Irma J, which was rough, but she promised she would make feijoada for us when we return so that's fun!
 Getting to talk to Mom and John and Grandpa and Grandma Peterson was seriously the most wonderful thing ever and I'm STOKED to do it again tomorrow. I had the opportunity to go to the temple this morning with my great friends in my zone that are leaving for Portugal tomorrow. They're so awesome! Elder Fry, Barton, and Rhodes. It was great and I will DEFINITELY miss those elders a lot but I know they're going to do incredibly in Portugal. This whole experience at the MTC has allowed me to grow so much emotionally and spiritually. Dealing with happiness and discouragement and growing in charity and in patience has blessed me a ton. I can already see how different I am just after two months. Onward and upward! I'm very very grateful to have had the opportunities I have had already and for all the ones that are on their way. The next email will be from Brazil. I love you all and am so grateful for everything that all of you have done to get me here, friends, family, and everyone I know.
Ate proximo semana
Elder Marley